DenL's Combat Tweaks Continued

Home page Forums Dragon Age: Origins Fixpack Forum DenL's Combat Tweaks Continued

Tagged: 

This topic contains 26 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by MEsk MEsk 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    MEsk
    MEsk
    Participant

Thanks for the reply, these infos are invaluable to me. If it wasn’t for DA Toolset wiki, I couldn’t ever go this far. Had I known it’s this easy to change scripts, I’d start back then.
    Still, I’ll get to them later tonight to try your suggestions and see the effects.
    The sceipts I’ve borrowed from your mod are based on includes from modified scripts of CT. (Although, not all of them are for CT. Some of them are mine, some of them from deadly strike fix mod and so on…).

Tixig
    tixig
    Participant

Hi MEsk, do you plan to release your combat tweaks to the public? If so, do you have any estimate when that can happen? I wanted to thank you all for the effort and support this game receives, without you I am sure the experience from it would not be that great.

MEsk
    MEsk
    Participant

Probably not, ATM it is pretty much failed. DenL didn’t provide a B2B package for his mod. So, I don’t have access to strings. New compiled files don’t recognize 5 new spell combos plots. I can’t figure 2 of 4 changes made in 3.23 update files. TBH, I’m having second thoughts in continuing his mod. He didn’t respond to my message because he wasn’t online since 2015. Still, I only release it if I can figure out the updates and plot problems.

for the next update I plan on implementing:
    -Deadly Strike fix! -he provided source so pretty much done.
    -Auto Loot! -already done
    -Auto Loot body bag on death! -bugged
    -Party Rogues help! – already done
    -Item Received Popup! – already done
    -PC Base crit hit fix! – already done
    -Mage Abilities Revised!(the first row) -completed

Edit: Good News! I’ve just discovered what was the problem with plots! I couldn’t use original denl’s plo files since there are strings and guid records on them. which results in failure upon calling the plot.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by MEsk MEsk.
    • This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by Qwinn Qwinn.
    Tixig
    tixig
    Participant

I’m glad you have found the issue! I have a question about Mage Abilities Revisided. As I am nearly done making my current mod pack (which uses combat tweaks 3.23 with deadly strike fix) and would like to update it to your mod if it ever gets released. Will your MAR affect shapeshifting tree? There is a mod Improved Shapeshifting that I loved using but since this and deadly strike fix mod both edit ABI_ct.GDA (and I could not figure which strings are edited using GDApp.exe to merge the changes) I cannot use them together now. And I am interested if you plan to edit this tree or make compatible edit to this mod. I would love to update to this change in future.

MEsk
    MEsk
    Participant

MAR (as I have further described on my earlier posts in this sub-forum(probably)) only affects 4 spells from mage class tree. example: turns shield to an unlock spell and staff focus to teleport spell. I might change it a little bit later. this will be released at least after 3rd release.

As of now, I’m trying to import 274 string changes in a way that they have same string IDs.

The first release will have:
    -only core module PAR edition (you’ll have to use old SP module)
    -included source in the same override folder
    -included update 3.23
    -QUDAO 3.3 compatibility (Depends on QUDAO but doesn’t include his files so no conflicts except player_core. Everything is compiled with 6 of his include scripts)

I’ll upload it on Nexus and credit him and all people whose script lines I used including Qwinn. But since I don’t have his consent to continue his mod, I’m not sure if I’ll get banned or not. it could be a lot easier if he’d contacted me by then.

tbh, I somehow doubt what to include in combat tweaks so it doesn’t violate the scope of the mod. I have 2nd thoughts about MAR too that’s why they’re postponed to next releases. Anyway the compatibility will be the same with other mods for the first release. For the next release there will be events engine incompatibilities.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by Qwinn Qwinn.
    Tixig
    tixig
    Participant

I think you could be banned for this, since he did not update his license on nexus or provided a note in readme, I think what stands for now is: https://image.prntscr.com/image/XztiqORmQTWKE_WYUrI_lw.png as this is the only place on nexus where I could find information about it.

Edit: To be sure you should contact a mod on Nexus and explain your intention, that you give a full credit to author and that he did not log on for a long time. The project is not to steal from him but to improve and add to community, then, maybe it would be allright to post on nexus.

Edit #2: Unless your mod is considered a patch/fix to his. Then I think you are good to go.

Qwinn
    Qwinn
    Keymaster

MEsk,

Do you have the ability to create new threads on this forum? If you do (and you should, everybody should), please go ahead and create one where I can split off the posts about your project. All of that in its own thread will make reading about your stuff and mine both easier. If you want to call it “Modder MEsk’s Thread”, by all means, or the name of the patch mod you’re looking to release as a project thread, whatever you like. Then I’ll move all your non-QUDAO specific posts there, and you can hopefully continue to liveblog your progress. Sound good?

Anyone else can also feel free to start their own threads too, btw… fan fiction threads, lore discussions, devblogs of other mod projects, whatever. Happy to host community discussions and support threads for QUDAO compatible mods.

Qwinn
    Qwinn
    Keymaster

This post marks my completing the split of posts from the Report Bugs thread to here.

MEsk, I agree with tixig’s last edit. I can’t see anyone having an issue with your releasing your mod as a patch/fix to be applied over Combat Tweaks. Plenty of other mods out there that do that.

MEsk
    MEsk
    Participant

I contacted Thandal (one of staffs) and he approved of my intention and confirmed DenL’s post as a valid consent.

I’m stuck with the update implementation. I know which codes might fix telekinetic bug. Yet, the problem is that I can’t trigger it in the game. I’ve no idea what happens which is described as weird behavior. The original reporter of the bug even gave an example but that doesn’t happen for me. Dunno why!

I might reformat file paths so the only file under package\override would be player_core.ncs
    Although I rather use module priority but that doesn’t seem to let files from my mod overwrite yours.

Meanwhile, I tried to add these features built-in:(though not included in first release)
    Auto Loot
    Auto Loot Corpse (still bugged)
    Helpful party members
    Display received items
    Player base crit stat fix
    And a few more. Fortunately, the only override among them (yet) which completely removes handling from original scripts is auto loot which probably takes more time to fix all of its bugs. There are 274 other scripts which handle this event. Although I possess open inventory action still it takes lots of time to fix the bugs.

I’ll release sources included inside the dazip so anyone can experiment and suggest alternatives for current scripts.

Thanks for your patience.

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by MEsk MEsk.
    Qwinn
    Qwinn
    Keymaster

Although I rather use module priority but that doesn’t seem to let files from my mod overwrite yours.

Default priority is 100. My version 2.0 was priority 110, and version 3.0+ is priority 109. Any mod’s priority setting set to less than 109 should make that mod’s files overwrite mine. You could just leave it at the default 100 and that should work.

And yeah, it’s weird that a *lower* priority setting means it has *higher* priority… I just try to think of it as “Priority 1 is highest priority”.

MEsk
    MEsk
    Participant

Would you please confirm if it happens for you too?
    While you knock down your enemy, you won’t be able to attack it until it stands up again.

my case: dwarf commoner origin, captured quest, enemies inside the room with a trap at entrance.

MEsk
    MEsk
    Participant
Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.