General DA:O and Fixpack Discussion

Home page Forums Dragon Age: Origins Fixpack Forum General DA:O and Fixpack Discussion

This topic contains 18 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Eschilde Eschilde 1 day, 17 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Qwinn
    Qwinn
    Keymaster

Have something to ask or say that doesn’t fit in the other topics? Say it here!

Borigh
    Borigh
    Participant

Hey Qwinn – couple questions.

(1) The 3.2.1 hotfix is out of date now, right? Better to download 3.2.7 fresh?

(2) Any recommendations for compatible combat bugfixing mods? I’m think +Healing effects, curse of mortality, etc. I’ve been trying, without luck, to find a mod that just fixes definitive combat bugs without tweaks.

(3) Why exactly is this incompatible with “Alley of Murders?” I’m running a bunch of other mods, but most of them seem to work fine.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by Borigh Borigh.
    Qwinn
    Qwinn
    Keymaster

Hey Borigh, welcome to the forum!

1) There is no 3.2.7. The file is a .7zip archive, that’s where the 7 is coming from. Sorry for the confusion. Latest version is 3.2 install + 3.21 hotfix.

2) Yeah, it’s a problem. I’d think about just doing them myself, but as I have no idea how others managed to extract the necessary encrypted files for Shale’s Rock Barrage, I couldn’t finish the job at this point. I know some folks have been using +Healing Received without any reported problems.

3) I based that on a single Nexus forum report that it was “horribly” incompatible, but I never got an answer to my question as to what happens if you try. I was surprised, as I thought there was a good chance it could work. I will try installing it and see for myself this weekend.

Isdestroyer
    isdestroyer
    Participant

Question; I installed the 3.2 version as instructed on Nexus, and I have now downloaded the newest version. I don’t have an “Override” folder in my DA files, do I need to create it? Also, do I need to disable the 3.2 version in the “Downloadable Content”?

Qwinn
    Qwinn
    Keymaster

At work, doing this from memory, but you’re looking for /Users/YourUsername/ Documents/Bioware/ Dragon Age / packages/core/override, or something very close to that.

And 3.2 should stay activated in your DLC list.

Mckatsims
    mckatsims
    Participant

While playing through the Arl of Redcliffe quest, while my mage warden is having his encounter with Jowan in his cell, I noticed one of the questions to ask Jowan is, “Why would Isolde be frightened of her son becoming a mage?”

Did the game devs intend for a Circle mage to wonder why a mom is trying to keep her magically inclined child a secret?

Qwinn
    Qwinn
    Keymaster

Fair question, I’ll see if there’s any unimplemented scripting notes calling for conditions on that line tomorrow night. Thanks.

Naebram607
    naebram607
    Participant

Hi,

is this compatible with the 1.04 version of the game?

• This reply was modified 4 months ago by Naebram607 naebram607.
    Qwinn
    Qwinn
    Keymaster

Requires 1.05, sorry.

Qwinn
    Qwinn
    Keymaster

mckatsims:

“Did the game devs intend for a Circle mage to wonder why a mom is trying to keep her magically inclined child a secret?”

Apparently. No hint of any other intent in the game files. I agree it’s a bit of a dumb question for a mage to ask, but I can’t say it’s so bad as to be clearly unintentional. And part of the answer is that Isolde is a very pious woman, which a mage isn’t any more likely to know than any other character.

Portucally
    Portucally
    Participant

This has nothing to do with your mod. It’s just that I’m trying to find where is located the load screen image is located.

It’s not for DAO. I installed a mod for DA2 that changes it’s name to DA Exodus and I want to try and change that image too…
    Just thought that the location might be the same on both games and that maybe someone can help me to where it can be.

Thankx in advance… and Qwinn, I hope this question isn’t too off-topic for your forum but if it is, just delete it.

Alehazar
    Alehazar
    Participant

I’m just wondering, once you’ve recruited Shale and talk to her in camp -without using any gifts to boost approval- the last bit of dialogue revolves around Shale not seeming to like humans very much; her response is that she does not wish to get into this right now -ask her another time.
    Is there a time, place, certain approval rating or some other prerequisite that will trigger a follow-up conversations, i.e. where Shale will discuss why she does not like human very much?

Firepanda
    firepanda
    Participant

I think after you complete her personal quest, you get a conversation (as is standard). She mentions that she was too harsh on you and apologises. I can’t remember if she directly explains why she dislikes humans though? Presumably it’s because she’s sick of them after her time in Honnleath.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by Firepanda firepanda.
    Alehazar
    Alehazar
    Participant

Thanks for your reply.

Beyoplay
    beyoplay
    Participant

Hey Qwinn, just wondering how this mod affects party banter. I mainly want to use Improved Atmosphere for increasing the rate of dialogue but haven’t because of the incompatibility issues. Does the fixpack affect this at all and if not, is there any way of integrating that component of IA without screwing up your mod in the process? Thanks for the help.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.