Report bugs and any other issues here

Home page Forums Dragon Age: Origins Fixpack Forum Report bugs and any other issues here

Tagged: 

This topic contains 254 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by Qwinn Qwinn 1 day, 18 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 255 total)
  • Author
    Qwinn
    Qwinn
    Keymaster

Whether it be a bug in something I did in my Fixpack (for which I’ll update the hotfix) or a new undiscovered bug from the vanilla game (which will be dealt with in the next full version), please report it here.

Mckatsims
    mckatsims
    Participant

Running into a bug with the Mage Collective series of quests. So I had picked up “Careless Accusations” and “Thy Brother’s Killer” quests from the mage collective guy at Lake Calenhad, and then went ahead and complete the main quest with the Dalish. Completed these two quests. Headed to Denerim and went to the mage collective rep to collect my rewards. When I clicked on him the first time, I get this response: “The client is very pleased. Come back soon.” However, I get no reward or xp, and the quest remained open. I clicked on him the second time and got this response: “Take this, you earned it.” However, I get 95 silver and a few coppers, but the quest is not marked completed.

When clicking on the mage collective rep after this point, I get a repeat of the same series of responses, followed by the “rewards”. I don’t have issues with the mage collective quests, so I’m not sure what’s causing this. I have slowly been taking out any mods that might alter the same files, and am now down to a handful of armor & retexture mods, and it’s still glitching.

Denerim also seems to be generating a lot of graphic glitches for me, though I’m not sure if that is due to a mod, or the fact that I’m running the game on Windows 10. (Never had graphics issues when I ran Win7.)

Qwinn
    Qwinn
    Keymaster

Hi mckatsims,

Sorry about that! Already released a hotfix for it a couple days ago, v3.24 will take care of it. See the top post (at least as of now) on the Qwinnmods main page.

Mckatsims
    mckatsims
    Participant

Really? Awesome. 😀 I haven’t been paying enough attention to the hotfixes!

By the way, I took out the No Helmet Hack, and that seemed to clear up the Denerim-specific graphic glitches. Gonna play around with it some more, just to verify whether that mod is causing the trouble.

Portucally
    Portucally
    Participant

Hello Qwinn,

Finally reinstalled DAO and been playing with your fixpack installed, along with a few more mods but those are mostly for combat and graphics wich you said shouldn’t mess too much with your Fixpack.

Anyways, I’m playing with a male dalish and all seems to be working great.

I did noticed a few times Alistair didn’t give his darkspawn alert in the Korkari Wilds (the camp where you can start the Chasind Trail Signs quest and the one near where he comments on the hangin corpes, although I might be mistaken in this last one), but the trap not disarm bug is gone. (Finally!! Thank You.)

Lothering: I’m playing with Spiders and Knives installed (I was afraid that might not be compatible). So far so good, the quest started ok. The only thing I noticed so far, missing the line about not leaving Lothering with unfinished business, usually from Morrigan.

I’m also playing with Improved Atmosphere instaled but with your recomended cuts, although I don’t see any reason to keep the animations folders as we removed the .are files and as such the new charathers (like the blacksmith in Lothering) are not in the maps.

I’ll let you know of any more bugs I find/notice along the playthrough.

Sorry for the long post…

Qwinn
    Qwinn
    Keymaster

Hey Portucally! Welcome to the forums!

The Alistair darkspawn warnings are only for the *stealthed* rogue darkspawn attacks. There’s five such attacks in the area. There’s no warning intended if the darkspawn are plainly visible from a distance.

“The only thing I noticed so far, missing the line about not leaving Lothering with unfinished business, usually from Morrigan.”

Now this has me curious. Are you saying you ever heard that line in the *vanilla* game? Because the only way I could ever get that line in vanilla is if I walked near the Chasind and Sten’s cage extremely slowly – the triggers for the bark you’re referring to and Sten praying a few lines from the Qun are almost right on top of one another in vanilla, and as soon as you triggered Sten’s praying lines in his cage, it interrupted the “We should do everything we can” party bark. To fix that, I moved that bark much closer to the exit of the area, before the stairs up to where Bodahn is. I don’t know if Spiders and Knives overwrites the Lothering area file though – if it does, then my movement of the trigger won’t work, but it should still play in its original location near Sten’s cage.

And please don’t worry about long posts, lol – I prefer as many details as possible, and for *me* to complain about long posts would make me the Intergalactic Overlord of Hypocrisy.

Portucally
    Portucally
    Participant

Ah, then when Alistar made those comments in the Korkari Wilds before might have been due to some other mod I had. I replaced quite a few with yours now. I used to have Magenta Emerald by Jengonthanda that had a few fixes on the Korkari Wilds too.

In Lothering I used to hear the warning about leaving when aproaching the ramp leading to the exit, after nattle those refugees. Again, might be something related to any other mod I didn’t instaled this time due to yours. I never heard that line near Sten, not even in the vanilla game.

One more thing, I arrived at Camp, bought the gifts from Bodhan and give them to my companions, Approval went up but now Alistar is giving me the “Yes, love?” line when selected (I’m playing a male).
    I had this bug before and solved it with Alistair (and Party) Soundset Fix by Squareinc.
    I thought I read something about that in your Read Me so I didn’t instaled it this time. Should I install it or am I missing something?

Anyway, I’ll keep updating you if I notice something else.

Tyraeldw
    tyraeldw
    Participant

Having an issue in the Korcari Wilds. After I spoke to Morrigan I chose not go to her mother’s hut at once, but instead went to the army camp to talk to Duncan and sell loot. When I came back though, Morrigan was gone. Clicking on the broken chest again yields no result (‘Nothing remains’ message). So there’s no way for me to advance the plot from this point. When I was selling my junk to the Quartermaster I also noticed that I could compare equipment to that of Morrigan’s as if she is in my party already. Might be related.

Qwinn
    Qwinn
    Keymaster

I didn’t know any other mod had fixed the Lothering bark issue. And it should be fixed in my Fixpack – if it isn’t, you must have something overwriting the Lothering area file (that Spiders mod you mentioned sounds like a likely suspect).

If the soundset fix isn’t working, it probably means you have another mod that changes player_core.nss. I actually didn’t change that file directly, but I had to recompile it in order to get my changes to the sys_soundsets_h include to work.

Just in case, though, I will check them tonight, and make sure those fixes didn’t get lost in the packaging.

Qwinn
    Qwinn
    Keymaster

“Having an issue in the Korcari Wilds. After I spoke to Morrigan I chose not go to her mother’s hut at once, but instead went to the army camp to talk to Duncan and sell loot. When I came back though, Morrigan was gone. Clicking on the broken chest again yields no result (‘Nothing remains’ message). So there’s no way for me to advance the plot from this point. When I was selling my junk to the Quartermaster I also noticed that I could compare equipment to that of Morrigan’s as if she is in my party already. Might be related.”

Oh, ew. Yeah, I can see how that might happen… it’s related to Morrigan getting “pre-recruited” so that all the scripted approval boosts work and get accumulated up until you actually recruit her. This may take me some time to work out – for the time being, you’ll need to reload a prior save and not leave the Korcari Wilds area prior to going to her mother’s hut. Sorry about that. And that merchant issue is a *real* wrinkle – I didn’t realize my method would make that happen and no idea currently how I’m going to resolve it. Again, my apologies. Give me some time to work on it.

Portucally
    Portucally
    Participant

I didn’t know any other mod had fixed the Lothering bark issue. And it should be fixed in my Fixpack – if it isn’t, you must have something overwriting the Lothering area file (that Spiders mod you mentioned sounds like a likely suspect).

I’m suspecting it was that IA folder I forgot to delete. I only start hearing that warning after I start using IA.
    I’m starting a new playthrough and will check that…

I really don’t see how Spiders & Knives can alter that but I haven’t checked the files within, so it can be possible too…

If the soundset fix isn’t working, it probably means you have another mod that changes player_core.nss. I actually didn’t change that file directly, but I had to recompile it in order to get my changes to the sys_soundsets_h include to work.

Just in case, though, I will check them tonight, and make sure those fixes didn’t get lost in the packaging.

This one I have no idea unless it’s the Ser Gilmore mod but I tried to remove the files you mentioned so that it wouldn’t interfere much with your Fixpack…
    or maybe Combat Tweaks. I just read that it

will not be fully compatible with mods that overrides these files:

player_core.ncs

It should be compatible with your Fixpack as its a combat mod but…
    And that’s also probably why the other mod I used to fix that issue worked, it was to place in the override folder.

Mckatsims
    mckatsims
    Participant

Alistair and Zevran’s conversation about wooing women just played in my game (In Orzammar, running on the bridge to the proving grounds). My warden is a male mage romancing Morrigan. I don’t have any mods that alter romancing Alistair installed. Has anyone else encountered this?

Qwinn
    Qwinn
    Keymaster

That is probably one of the 7 Ali-Zev banters that were completely broken in vanilla. I remember getting it (or one like it) on my own mage male run. I didn’t think anything about it playing for me was inconsistent – did they make reference to a female warden specifically? I’ll check party_banter.dlg when I get home.

Mckatsims
    mckatsims
    Participant

No specific reference to a female warden, just Alistair asking Zevran how to court/woo a woman. The only time I’ve heard that banter is when my character is romancing Alistair. So far, that’s the only banter I am aware of that has played when it shouldn’t have.

Qwinn
    Qwinn
    Keymaster

Okay, I took a look.

That *is* one of the banters that is bugged and can’t properly play in the vanilla game (unless possibly if Wynne is also in the party). My Fixpack fixes that problem. If you saw it at all, it’s likely you were playing with some other mod that fixed those banters, which I think several other mods did.

There *is* a scripting comment indicating that banter should only play if a romance is active. The *actual* condition in the vanilla game is only that the player did not make love to Alistair – which would obviously play for male characters. It seems to me the correct condition for that banter should be *both* – that you are in an active romance with Alistair *and* you haven’t slept with him yet. Whatever mod you were using must have fixed the condition as well. I will do so as well in the next hotfix. Thanks for the report!

IB3315: Interparty Banters: One of the Zevran-Alistair banters restored by IB3001 (about “wooing” women) had an incorrect condition based on scripting comments – it should have and will now only play if you are in an active romance with Alistair. Thanks to mckatsims for making me aware of this one.

• This reply was modified 4 months ago by Qwinn Qwinn.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 255 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.