Report bugs and any other issues here

Home page Forums Dragon Age: Origins Fixpack Forum Report bugs and any other issues here

Tagged: 

This topic contains 254 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by Qwinn Qwinn 1 day, 18 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 255 total)
  • Author
    Alehazar
    Alehazar
    Participant

In Denerim Market I can only travel by activating the Denerim Gate; if I remember correctly, I could travel across Denerim [from the Market] by simply opening my map [default key M] and selecting my destination.
    Locations such as The Pearl do not need to meet any specific parameters to be a viable destination, but is only reachable by activating the Gate.
    Was this an intended change, an unexpected side-effect, or is my memory seriously scrambled?

Qwinn
    Qwinn
    Keymaster

That was an intended change. Using the map tended to conflict with some quests, like for example skipping the messenger boy from Ignacio. To help deal with that inconvenience, I also made it so that you can change party members in the Market district. In vanilla you can’t do that.

Alehazar
    Alehazar
    Participant

Can’t believe I didn’t pick up on that second change -being able to change your party in the Market. Thanks for your explanation; your solution makes perfect sense.

Portucally
    Portucally
    Participant

I don’t know if this is a vanilla bug or caused by any mod, in any case I noticed this before using your Fixpack so it has nothing to do with it. Just thought that if it’s a vanilla bug you might wanna know about it…
    After awhile playing and some kills, the most powerful enemy killed statistics start to appear blank for your character and companions… not all at the same time, the ones you usually use less get to keep that stats more time.

Oh, and speaking of powerful enemies, I’m guessing since IA is mostly not compatible that the Flash Creatures Rescale by Flash isn’t compatible either since it uses the core files from IA?
    I’m not using it anymore since I started using your Fixpack but I kinda miss it. LOL

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by Portucally Portucally.
    Alehazar
    Alehazar
    Participant

Concerning Filda and her son Ruck. If you do NOT talk to Filda before you head into the Deep Roads in your search for Branka and you eventually locate Ruck, is Filda’s Quest supposed to trigger when talking to / or finish talking to Ruck?

Not using either the Persuade or Intimidate option [even though I would have easily passed either one], I end up breaking off conversation with Ruck out of my character’s indifference; nor do I trade with him. I simply leave him to his fate. Then Filda’s quest was triggered; I did not follow up on it though.

Dialogue:

Ruck: “Go away! This is mine! Only I gets to plunder it s riches!”.

Warden: “Is this Branka’s campsite?”.

Ruck: “It’s mine! I’m the one who found it! I drove out the crawlers. Now it’s mine!”.

Warden: “Was this campsite here when you found it?”.

Ruck: “Everything was here. Everything the crawlers did not already take! Rocks and tents and worms. It’s all mine!”.

Warden: “Never mind then.”.

Ruck: “Get out! All of this is mine”.

[A Mother’s Hope triggered.]

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by Alehazar Alehazar. Reason: checked dialogue in-game
    Qwinn
    Qwinn
    Keymaster

Dialogue:
    Ruck: “Go away! This is mine! Only I gets to plunder it s riches!”.
    Warden: “Is this Branka’s campsite?”.
    Ruck: “It’s mine! I’m the one who found it! I drove out the crawlers. Now it’s mine!”.
    Warden: “Was this campsite here when you found it?”.
    Ruck: “Everything was here. Everything the crawlers did not already take! Rocks and tents and worms. It’s all mine!”.
    Warden: “Never mind then.”.
    Ruck: “Get out! All of this is mine”.
    [A Mother’s Hope triggered.]

Very useful, thank you. Weird. In my version of Ruck’s dialogue that *should* be deployed, as well as all the associated scripts, that doesn’t set any flags in Filda’s plot file which is the only plot file that should be able to trigger updates to that quest. I’ve looked at every associated file in my toolset and all seems as it should be. Can you tell me what the journal entry for it says?

You are correct that meeting Ruck first should not cause a quest update with my Fixpack. The way it *should* be behaving is that only Filda can activate her quest. The behavior you’re describing matches the vanilla game.

Oooh – this would be useful information too – both before and after the dialogue you just described, when you press the Tab key, is his name “Dwarf Scavenger” or is it “Ruck”? In my Fixpack, his name doesn’t become “Ruck” until you get him to say his name, and in the dialogue you quoted, he didn’t say it. It *is* possible to get him to name himself in the scene where the spiders jump you, but not necessarily.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by Qwinn Qwinn.
    Qwinn
    Qwinn
    Keymaster

I don’t know if this is a vanilla bug or caused by any mod, in any case I noticed this before using your Fixpack so it has nothing to do with it. Just thought that if it’s a vanilla bug you might wanna know about it…
    After awhile playing and some kills, the most powerful enemy killed statistics start to appear blank for your character and companions… not all at the same time, the ones you usually use less get to keep that stats more time.

That one’s outside the scope, sorry. I think there’s a couple of mods out there that address it, you’ll want to pick one of them, hopefully someone here can link to one.

Oh, and speaking of powerful enemies, I’m guessing since IA is mostly not compatible that the Flash Creatures Rescale by Flash isn’t compatible either since it uses the core files from IA?
    I’m not using it anymore since I started using your Fixpack but I kinda miss it. LOL

I actually think the “core” files as I understand it are compatible… the problem is the area files, and this mod sounds like it’d have to affect pretty much every area like IA does. There’s no way I can avoid touching area files – it’s the only way I know of to move a trigger, and those changes generally can’t be optional. Sorry.

Alehazar
    Alehazar
    Participant

In reply to #1005:
    A Mother’s Hope:
    Both before and after my dialogue with Ruck, he is designated as “Dwarf Scavenger”.

Qwinn
    Qwinn
    Keymaster

Ok cool. Which journal entry did the quest get?

Alehazar
    Alehazar
    Participant

In reply to #1011:

Journal Entry:

A Mother’s Hope

Return to Filda.

You found Ruck in the lost dwarven thaigs of the Deep Roads. He survived for years scavenging from the ruins and eating the dead Darkspawn that litter the place. Sadly, the poison in Darkspawn blood completely destroyed his mind, leaving him a wretched husk of a person. Filda would weep to see him this way.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by Alehazar Alehazar. Reason: changed "Codex Entry" to "Journal Entry"
    Qwinn
    Qwinn
    Keymaster

All right. I dug into it big time. Based on my code out there, EVEN IF you had initiated Ruck’s quest with Filda, the dialogue path you listed wouldn’t make the quest update to that “You found Ruck” state. I don’t set that to update until he tells you his name and it actually changes to “Ruck”.

I’m going to request at this point that you see if any other mod you’re employing might be touching one of the related files, because aside from a mod conflict this shouldn’t be possible. Related files include: orz530_ruck.dlg, orzpt_talked_to.ncs, orz530pt_ruck.ncs.

EDIT: Also tried that dialogue path in game. Didn’t get a quest update.

Alehazar
    Alehazar
    Participant

In reply to #1014:

Windows Search in the My Documents\Bioware\Etc\ folders came up with a likely suspect.
    The orz530_ruck.dlg in the “Complete Bi Overhaul by ADHD-Bayonetta” [https://www.nexusmods.com/dragonage/images/48782/?] is likely the culprit.
    Similar searches for the other two Ruck-related files came up empty.

Alehazar
    Alehazar
    Participant

Not sure whether this is a bug or intended behaviour, but I’ve never had it happen before.
    Well, something slightly weird just happened.

I’m playing a mage this time -on previous mage playthroughs, my Warden could not make a dent in any fender; most of her spells [f.i. with Branka] would be resisted, frustrating me to no end.
    But now, with the help of The Winter Forge, she is now a force to be reckoned with.

To the point:
    After the second dream about the Archdemon -when the Shrieks attack- she manages to immobilize the lot of them with Blood Control and Waking Nightmare and all of my assembled crew simply stop attacking and then just stand idly by; is this because the Shrieks are now temporarily no longer flagged as Hostile?!
    Once a Shriek wakes up from its stupor, my motley crew engages once more -and my Warden is no longer forced to fight alone.

If this was intended, no need to fix what’s not broken.
    It just looks rather silly.

Firepanda
    firepanda
    Participant

That’s definitely not a bug, Alehazar. With the tactics you can make them do nonsensical things — this is just an unintentional case of that. Besides, Qwinn’s mod doesn’t touch combat mechanics, including tactics.

Qwinn
    Qwinn
    Keymaster

firepanda is entirely correct, as always.

Hey Portucally, sorry for the delay. Unfortunately…

btw, did you or anybody confirmed these I mentioned awhile ago:

Just found a sound glitch: when you recruit/Flemeth send Morrigan with you there’s a line where you thank Flemeth for saving you and she replies:

“- No, no, thank YOU. You are the Grey Wardens here” or something similar. The sound just ends at “No, no thank you”.

I think you can only notice that if you play with subtitles on. And again… might be a one time glitch. Maybe someone can confirm this also.
    I don’t remember if it happens in the vanilla game or it’s just me paying more attention to this details/small things now…

I just got it again in a new playtrough while testing the specializations unlocked thing…

I can’t duplicate. Plays fine for me, both previewing it in the toolset and in game. Sorry man. 🙁 The relevant file is pre210_flemeth.dlg, if you want to see if another mod changes it.

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 255 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.