Report bugs and any other issues here

Home page Forums Dragon Age: Origins Fixpack Forum Report bugs and any other issues here

Tagged: 

This topic contains 254 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by Qwinn Qwinn 1 day, 18 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 255 total)
  • Author
    Portucally
    Portucally
    Participant

I can’t duplicate. Plays fine for me, both previewing it in the toolset and in game. Sorry man. 🙁 The relevant file is pre210_flemeth.dlg, if you want to see if another mod changes it.

I searched the mods I have installed and didn’t find any file with that name. That said, I also run a few more tries and I’m starting to think it’s a random glitch… Or maybe something in my computer. It can happen 2 or 3 times in a row and a lot more it runs ok… Maybe it’s the order I take on the dialog…
    I even tried to recorded for you but I couldn’t figure out how to make OBS studio to record more than a black screen. I’m searching YouTube for some tutorials how to fix that and If it happens again, I’ll try to replicate and record.

btw, Is OBS Studio good to record a gameplay?

Also and this is a request not a bug (I totally understand if you don’t see a point in it): Is there a possibility that you can move Knight-Commander Harrith to the place where IA moved him? Or any other place where it makes more sense a shady character to be standing…
    I so used to see him next to the entrance to Redcliffe that I found it strange to talk with him while Teagan and the Templars were standing nearby. I was paying a bribe after all. LOL

Qwinn
    Qwinn
    Keymaster

I did get Obs Studio working once, and once it worked it worked well. I did have black screen initially also and I found the setting that fixed it, but damned if I can figure out what setting that was now. Do you have “Game Capture” under Sources, with an eye and an open lock symbol next to them? Double click on that and see if the Mode is “Capture any fullscreen application”. I am using SLI but do not have Multi-adapter Compatibility or Force Scaling checked. If yours is already set that way or doesn’t help, go through the settings – it’s there somewhere.

I got it to work with “Start Recording” rather than “Start Streaming”, btw… didn’t intentionally stream it anywhere. Sent it to Videos folder, which I think was the default.

Portucally
    Portucally
    Participant

Got it work, thank you. 🙂
    I had to set compatiblity to Windows 8 (I have Windows 10) and set to always start as administrator.
    It works well so far in my tests.
    I also don’t want to stream. 😀

Portucally
    Portucally
    Participant

I had to restart my campaign since the mod Two Specializations Sten by Dennis Lee was adding more points that was supossed to, nothing to do with your mod… it was already doing that, I think it doesn’t play well with patch 1.5 or maybe some other mod conflit. (And speaking about this mod, isn’t Sten lacking those points kinda of a bug too or was that intended?)

Anyway, that was not the only reason to restart the game as I had to uninstall other things and force load kinda screwed my saves and since I was not that far ahead into the game… better start over. LOL

So… I’m playing as a male city elf, rogue. I’m using your latest version: 3.3 and all was working great before with my male human noble.

Now I’m getting some weird things here and there like: People acting like ghosts, meaning they stop inside some furniture or other npc.
    I have installed TommyIrianto’s Of Ferelden mods, including the one that give my recruit warden a suitable set of armour. It worked like a charm before, the armours were delivered when they should and all but now with the elf dude, neither of those armours get delivered. The warden armour goes into the Inventory instead of suit up onto my warden but the recruit one don’t get delivered at all.

Other thing I noticed was the “Y”s on the dialog for the warden looked like “V”s, image next:

This could be something on my end, but in case it’s not I thought you might want to know.

I recall someone writing something about city elfs bugs, so I don’t know if this could be related or not but again, thought I should share.

Sorry for the long post.

Squareinc
    squareinc
    Participant

Hey Qwinn, it seems you’ve got almost all the bugs in the game. Is there any ETA on patch 3.4? Would you recommend I start a new playthrough now, or wait for the 3.4 patch? Thanks again for all the work you put in!

Mossega
    mossega
    Participant

Thank you for your great work, Qwinn!
    I found some item drops in Korcari Wilds that require fixing:
    http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Magic_Greatsword
    http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Ornamental_Sword

Jinotoyo
    jinotoyo
    Participant

Hi, I am playing DAO again using your fixes and the first time I talked to Morrigan in the Camp she asks me about the Grimoire! I closed the game did the Broken Circle quest and I have her the book but if i talk to her again she says the same thing “I have been studying Mother’s grimoire. Do you wish to hear what I have found?”. Anyway I got the grimoire and the issue is fixed.

Bug

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 5 days ago by Jinotoyo jinotoyo.
    Qwinn
    Qwinn
    Keymaster

Hi, I am playing DAO again using your fixes and the first time I talked to Morrigan in the Camp she asks me about the Grimoire! I closed the game did the Broken Circle quest and I have her the book but if i talk to her again she says the same thing “I have been studying Mother’s grimoire. Do you wish to hear what I have found?”. Anyway I got the grimoire and the issue is fixed.

This dialogue is one that *should* play automatically when you enter the camp after having given her the grimoire, not one that you initiate by talking to Morrigan. The way you phrased it made it sound like she says that line in her normal dialogue when you click on her, which is REALLY strange. That dialogue isn’t in morrigan_main.dlg at all, it’s in party_camp.dlg, which can only play automatically when you travel to the camp.

This is very strange, and doesn’t appear possible given the state of the v3.3 code. I suspect a mod conflict, with the conflicting file being either genpt_morrigan_events.nss or party_camp.dlg. Can you check if either of those two files is in any of the other mods you’re running, please? And if you ARE getting that dialogue just by clicking on her, please check for another mod with morrigan_main.dlg as well.

Thank you for your great work, Qwinn!
    I found some item drops in Korcari Wilds that require fixing:
    http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Magic_Greatsword
    http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Ornamental_Sword

Those were deliberately not restored, as based on what I see in the toolset, I believe they were cut deliberately. Among other things, if I were to restore them, that would make for THREE magic 2h swords in the Korkari Wilds (the other one being the Chasind Flatblade) versus at most only one of any other type of magic weapon type, and several weapon types with no magic version at all, which seems hard to believe could have been intended.

Qwinn
    Qwinn
    Keymaster

squareinc: Hullo! Might as well wait for 3.4, I’m hoping I can get it out by month end.

Portucally: Unfortunately I don’t know anything about the recent problems you were experiencing. In particular, nothing I did could affect the “Y”‘s in your dialogue.

Billybatson
    billybatson
    Participant

Hi, “jinotoyo” here.

I removed all mods and reload the save, same bug:

This is the save file if u want to check for flags etc:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AulJb82R73Urlr0kc7gNyi7YEV8kDA

Thanks 🙂

Qwinn
    Qwinn
    Keymaster

billybatson/jinotoyo:

Is this happening when you click on Morrigan, or does it start automatically when you enter the party camp?

EDIT: I tried your save file. It gave *me* the “You have returned from the Wilds” speech when I talked to her. Something in your other mods seems to have set every flag possible in genpt_morrigan_events.plo. I tried it with just my mod, and this did not occur.

Billybatson
    billybatson
    Participant

Did both, when clicked and automatically.

Do you think was the mod “Morrigan Restoration Patch”, the mod chances “genpt_morrigan_events.plo
    ” but I removed it before installing your fixes.

Can something else breaks because of the flags, Do i need to edit the save?

Thanks.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 3 days ago by Billybatson billybatson.
    Qwinn
    Qwinn
    Keymaster

Yes, MRP will change the related files. You need to start a new game to avoid problems with my fixpack, and not install any of the mods listed as redundant in my readme.

Billybatson
    billybatson
    Participant

Ok, thanks 🙂

LadySilverwolf
    LadySilverwolf
    Participant

Greetings!!

Just briefly, I want to say Thank You for the work you have put into this. Already this play through of DAO modded with your work has been fascinating. Dialog lines I have never seen before … makes it so much more immersive! Thank You!

I do want to ask about something though. Not sure if its a normal operation for the area, but I thought I would ask anyway, because it seemed… peculiar (and immersion breaking for me at least).

Setting : Ostagar , arriving with Duncan.
    Duncan was crossing the bridge, and I had my pc run ahead and almost reach the soldier who ‘greets’ the main character, when I realized, wait, go back and get the goodies in the Tower of Ishal area. I DID hear the soldier speak his greeting, and ran past Duncan yet again (he was 3/4’s the way across the huge bridge). My mage elf was collecting herbs and items, and had just spoken to the soldier by the gate that leads OUT of Ostagar. Turned her towards the soldier who stands guard over the entry to the Tower of Ishal, was running up the ramp to speak to him and suddenly found my character had PORTED to the Kennel Master, and quest dialog had immediately started.

I admit I have quite a few mods installed this run through, but at the time I ran into this issue, the only mod I had installed that could have affected the setting was “fare ye well duncan” (which btw, works perfectly with your mod) and that should not trigger until just before the battle.

So my question is this… Is this suppose to happen? Did my character some how trigger the kennel master by getting to close to the first soldier who gave his greeting, before running back across the bridge to fill her bags?

LSW.

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 255 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.