Report bugs and any other issues here

Home page Forums Dragon Age: Origins Fixpack Forum Report bugs and any other issues here

Tagged: 

This topic contains 254 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by Qwinn Qwinn 1 day, 18 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 255 total)
  • Author
    Qwinn
    Qwinn
    Keymaster

Hi LSW, welcome to the forum, and thanks for the kind words.

I vaguely remember one other report about teleporting from the Ishal side of the camp to the main camp area. I can’t duplicate it myself (just tried again). I’m reviewing the entire thread for v3.4 at the moment, if I run into that report again we can compare notes. Unfortunately, assuming it’s a vanilla bug and not other-mod related, it seems likely it’s an area geometry issue which I don’t believe I have the tools or expertise to fix. There are no triggers on the ramp you ran up when you were teleported (up to the guard guarding the Tower of Ishal, if I understood correctly) that could’ve fired something like that, at least not in vanilla. My Fixpack makes no changes to the daytime Ostagar area file (I do make some to the nighttime version).

EDIT: And on further review, v3.3 doesn’t make any changes to the daytime Ostagar area *script* either, which makes it pretty much certain it’s nothing my mod could be causing. Vanilla bug? No idea, as I said, can’t duplicate. Sorry. My v3.4 does make a fix to the Ostagar area script for dwarf nobles and that Kennel Master conversation, but it would only affect dwarf nobles, and that fix hasn’t been released yet. I suspect a lot of other mods will overwrite that fix. First time entering Ostagar area script is going to be the logical place to make changes for a LOT of mods that, for example, want to give out items to all players.

Anyway, will continue my review for v3.4.

Qwinn
    Qwinn
    Keymaster

There were 3 bugs I listed as being complete in this thread back on September 19 that I didn’t add to the v3.4 Changelog thread. Oops, sorry, they are there now.

And here’s a couple more:

IF3422: Heavy Gloves: The sort order for heavy gloves in your inventory has been fixed. They were previously sorted as light gloves. Thanks to Illusia for making me aware of this one.

IF3423: “Dwyn’s Sword”: This weapon (obtainable only by killing Dwyn) will now sort properly with other longswords in inventory. It would previously sort at the bottom of the inventory and merchant lists. Thanks to Khuu for making me aware of this one.

Illusia
    Illusia
    Participant

DENERIM: DE3410
    I think this is actually the first test for “The Trial of Crows”.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 3 days ago by Illusia Illusia.
    Qwinn
    Qwinn
    Keymaster

IR3416: “Ceremonial Armor”: As of v3.4, this joins “Fade Wall” and “Robes of the Gifted” as the third of THREE, three unique items that suffered from a low drop rate. (*cough*). This item will now drop consistently. Thanks to milo for making me aware of this one.

The *cough* relates to the prior two bug listings:

IR3214: “Fade Wall” (Partial Restoration): Although this item was obtainable in the base game, it had a very low chance to drop (~5%). Only two notable unique items in the game (see IR3215 for the other) suffered from this low drop rate. As there is strong evidence that rare drops of unique items were never intended, this item will now drop consistently. Credit to firepanda of the Nexus forums for making me aware of these and discovering a designer quote backing up that it wasn’t intended.

IR3215: “Robes of the Gifted” (Partial Restoration): Although this item was obtainable in the base game, it had a very low chance to drop (~5%). Only two notable unique items in the game (see IR3214 for the other) suffered from this low drop rate. As there is strong evidence that rare drops of unique items were never intended, this item will now drop consistently. Credit to firepanda of the Nexus forums for making me aware of these and discovering a designer quote backing up that it wasn’t intended.

…and gonna have to fix those descriptions too. Bleah.

Now working on Aden’s bug report on the random encounter for “Have You Seen Me?” not triggering. I think I know what causes it and how to fix it, I just need to get a proper save set up for duplicating and testing it.

EDIT: Illusia, you are correct! Thank you very much. I always mix up those two quests. Descriptions in the changelog corrected for both Sanga fixes.

Qwinn
    Qwinn
    Keymaster

So, concerning “Have You Seen Me?”, I am surprisingly having to give up in my attempts to replicate the reported bug, which is the random encounter for it not triggering.

However, I long ago spotted a bit of script that is totally unnecessary and that, if it *did* run, would have the effect of disabling the quest (turning the RENOLD_QUEST_GIVEN flag off after it had been set). It’s a horrid bit of code (defined flag scripts should NEVER set any other flag, they are meant only for condition checks) and I already got rid of it in the two other random-encounter quests in which this horrid coding practice take place (“Change in Leadership” and “False Witnesses”). Disabling it didn’t damage either of those quests. I’m confident that the bit of code I’m looking at that deactivates the RENOLD_QUEST_GIVEN when checking if the encounter can trigger can never serve a good purpose. It’s kind of a “blind” fix attempt, though, since I can’t recreate the bug, and can’t actually see the code that runs the script that I believe is responsible.

I am uneasy about listing it as a “fix”, but it *really* can’t hurt to remove that problematic scripting that I’m 80% sure would have to be at least partly responsible for the reported issue. It won’t retroactively fix affected saves though. That would require an edit of the save game.

One other thing – if you DID get that encounter, but didn’t loot Renold’s Journal before leaving the encounter, you would get “Have You Seen Me?” uncompletable and stuck in your journal forever – essentially the same state as the bug as reported.

Qwinn
    Qwinn
    Keymaster

Here’s how I’m listing it:

MC3408: “Have You Seen Me?”: Removed a bit of unnecessary scripting that could prevent the random encounter associated to this quest from taking place. Thanks to Aden for making me aware that it could fail to trigger. If a game with v3.4 is installed prior to accepting the quest in Denerim, if the random encounter fails to trigger within 3 or 4 world map trips of getting the quest, please let me know. This fix will not cause the random encounter to trigger if your save game was affected by the bug (by accepting the quest) prior to installing v3.4. That would require an edit of the save game.

Also, I’m retracting this one for v3.4:

ST1001: If Lothering was destroyed and you never even talked to Sten, you were still getting a codex entry about his death that implied you had met him.

I did this one based on a poster request back in version 1.0 of my fixpack, but I’ve never liked it (the Codex entry is: “He remained in his cage to await death, and most likely found it.” – that doesn’t really imply you met him), and the two files this fix adds all by itself to the affected files list certainly aren’t worth it.

But I am adding this:

ST3401: Made a significant fix to the dialogue that occurs if you talk to Sten after opening his cage but prior to convincing him to join you. The fix restores a previously unattainable line of dialogue should you tell Sten “Yes, you’re free to go”, and advances the dialogue the next time you speak to him as it was intended to.

As well as…

ST3402: Fixed a couple of dialogue paths in your initial conversation with Sten that could make the cage never activate, barring the player from ever opening it via lockpicking. Thanks to Alehazar for making me aware of this one.

Qwinn
    Qwinn
    Keymaster

Actually, never mind about that “Ceremonial Armor” partial restoration – upon actually going in game and testing it, it already drops consistently. Just got it 3 times in a row, and the droppable flag on it is set properly. The wiki is incorrect.

Qwinn
    Qwinn
    Keymaster

So I’m actually thinking I’m going to release v3.4 with the changes as currently listed in the changelog thread.

The restorations we were talking about (like the guy I was going to restore to the Spoiled Princess, if/when I get around to those I’ll release them as a separate mod, since they do ride the line in terms of whether they were plausibly cut intentionally or not, and I’d like to keep the Fixpack as pure as possible in that regard. Also not worth creating compatibility issues for the entire Fixpack just to add these in, IMO.

The sound weirdness in Alistair’s file – I honestly don’t see how I can fix those anytime soon. It doesn’t happen for everyone, it doesn’t happen for *me*, and I see no real way I can work on it without being able to hear it, or anything new I could try even if I could. I’m relying on the opinions from the folks it’s affecting that it isn’t sufficiently noticeable as to require undoing the Alistair-Isn’t-King fixes for it, and tabling it until some other means of attempting to address it surfaces.

Anyone got anything to remind me of that I might’ve missed in my review of all the postings, that I said I would deal with for v3.4?

Shades
    shades
    Participant

Hey Qwinn, you’re great. I am eagerly waiting 3.4… Meanwhile could you implement something that was in Improved Atmosphere? Can you eliminate questions your character has already asked? Best example is with Tamlen and Merrill in dalish elf origin…

Qwinn
    Qwinn
    Keymaster

Hiya Shades. Sorry, won’t be doing that, aside from the few dialogues that were actually badly bugged and needed a complete rework, like Genitivi’s dialogue. Absent an actual bug in the dialogue (which a repeatable question is not, in my view), I’m not touching it. Were I to deem that a bug, I’d be modifying pretty much every dialogue in the game.

Working on v3.4, hopefully I can get it out tonight. The documentation and website changes are the most time consuming part.

Shades
    shades
    Participant

Alright then, t’was just a suggestion… Eagerly awaiting 3.4… Cheers

Qwinn
    Qwinn
    Keymaster

No need to wait, I released v3.4 last night 🙂 Enjoy and Merry Christmas!

Squareinc
    squareinc
    Participant

Thanks a million for this release Qwinn! Merry Christmas 🙂

Portucally
    Portucally
    Participant

Since your latest release (3.4), I’ve started a new game with a Dalish elf and there’s one thing I’ve noticed in the past and this time it happened too:

When you first talk with Junar, Pol stays paralized in the same position at the end of that conversation until you talk with him again. This are the 2 elves shooting arrows praticing and I think its supossed you talk with Pol to learn about the City Elves and such.

I don’t know if its a bug or not, and for me its not game-breaking. I just find it funny and something you might want to know…

Merry Christmas. 🙂

Qwinn
    Qwinn
    Keymaster

Hiya Portucally. Glad you’re still playing through 🙂

I’ll check out Pol next time I fire up the game. If you find anything else, let me know.

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 255 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.