Report bugs and any other issues here

Home page Forums Dragon Age: Origins Fixpack Forum Report bugs and any other issues here

Tagged: 

This topic contains 254 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by Qwinn Qwinn 1 day, 18 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 255 total)
  • Author
    Mckatsims
    mckatsims
    Participant

It’s possible that I did have another banter mod installed that fixed that banter, and took it out so it wouldn’t interfere with your fixpack (any of the Alistair Romance mods probably fix that banter). I tend to have multiple gameplays running simultaneously, so that is most likely the issue. Thanks for the update!

Qwinn
    Qwinn
    Keymaster

Okay. So on this extremely hairy issue:

“Having an issue in the Korcari Wilds. After I spoke to Morrigan I chose not go to her mother’s hut at once, but instead went to the army camp to talk to Duncan and sell loot. When I came back though, Morrigan was gone. Clicking on the broken chest again yields no result (‘Nothing remains’ message). So there’s no way for me to advance the plot from this point. When I was selling my junk to the Quartermaster I also noticed that I could compare equipment to that of Morrigan’s as if she is in my party already. Might be related.”

Success! Took a while, but I even managed to solve the merchant “compare equipment” problem. I want to do a bunch more testing just to be safe, but I’m pretty confident about it.

I am concerned about releasing it as a hotfix though – it required changes to morrigan_main.dlg. If I release that as a hotfix, that puts it in the override folder, and I think it’s then going to be in contention with other mods that change that file – the priority setting won’t work there. I could possibly also do it with some scripting – maybe. If not, it’ll probably mean I’ll have to release 3.3 to get it out there properly. So give me a few days to test it and possibly wrap up everything else that’s been raised in the last few weeks.

Qwinn
    Qwinn
    Keymaster

Okay, SO, working on getting 3.3 out (maybe this weekend? I’ll try). The readme description for MO3001 is changed to this:

MO3001: Morrigan: Restored a great number of non-functional scripted approval boosts and penalties in Morrigan’s dialogues in the Korkari Wilds and inside and outside of Flemeth’s Hut both before and after the Battle of Ostagar. Note that you will not be notified of any approval changes until Morrigan is properly recruited, at which point you will be notified of the total accumulated approval gains or losses earned up to that point. (v3.3) Fixed some issues with the implementation – it is now safe to delay going with Morrigan to see Flemeth. Also, Morrigan will no longer appear in the Ostagar quartermaster’s “Compare To” list. Thanks to tyraeldw for making me aware of these issues.

Mckatsims
    mckatsims
    Participant

Not sure if this is a bug related to your fixpack, but I wanted to report it nonetheless. During the most recent visit to the Gnawed Noble Tavern, I saw that Bann Sighard was sitting next to Bann Bryland, only he’s backwards. I’ve not seen this before, but apparently the DA Wiki reports it as a bug.

Qwinn
    Qwinn
    Keymaster

Any of the hotfixes should have fixed that, it was covered in 3.21, didn’t install any of them I take it?

Portucally
    Portucally
    Participant

I’m not sure if this is the right place to mention this (if not, feel free to move this post to the right thread), but when I was ambushed by Zevran there was a descriptive line added by the Magenta Emerald mod that now don’t show…
    Was it on purpose that you left that out?

I’m just asking because I always found that was useful to players, at least for me (I always play with subtitles on and that line only shows like that).

On other news, I’m at the end of Redcliffe having called the mages to enter the fade and save Connor.

Not many bugs found so far, aside from the ones I mentioned before (and even those I’m still not sure the fault wasn’t the IA folder I forgot to delete) but there was a glitch with Zevran freezing face mid-speech and also when the party picker opened just after that dialog. Never encountered that glitch before but again, might be caused by something else I’m using…

And about that, Redcliffe night battle didn’t show the intro cutscene even with your Hotfix v3.24. I’m using the Dragon Age Rules Fixpack but it’s mostly for the auto-loot. I removed that folder from override and all went as intended.

btw, I’m seeing a lot of things it were absent on my other playthroughs like the 3 statues at the Circle Tower glimplesing when we touch them in the correct order. I’m thinking that some of the mods I removed to use yours might have something to do with that or maybe something your own mod do… anyway, a huge thank you for that. 🙂

One last thing, I don’t know if you can enlight me but I instaled Awakening in the OC [http://www.nexusmods.com/dragonage/mods/920/?] some time ago but didn’t like it as I found some things that mod do to break immersion like all specs being open from start game. The problem is that now I have a lot of Awakening items popping off from dead enemies like the stamina potions and such. Some of that also appear on some merchants shops. I’ve reinstaled the game to start anew with your mod but those items still appear.
    I’ve looked through all the override folder, addins ans such, everything I could remember but still can’t find what can be causing this…
    I remember that one time I tried slinks s3 RAVAge and after uninstalled it, some item and characters still appeared over the next couple playthroughts…
    Anyway, maybe someone like you with experience at modding can point me where to look?

Sorry for the long post again.

Qwinn
    Qwinn
    Keymaster

No worries about long posts 🙂 I’m the king of them.

“when I was ambushed by Zevran there was a descriptive line added by the Magenta Emerald mod that now don’t show”

Please correct me if I’m mistaken, but I believe the descriptive line is “The bodies around you suddenly rise up, drawing hidden weapons, and attack.”. As far as I can tell, that doesn’t match anything that actually happens during the cutscene. There is no visible “body” around you that “suddenly rises up”, the attackers just come out from behind various objects (boulders, wagons) that they were hiding behind. That’s why I didn’t do it.

“there was a glitch with Zevran freezing face mid-speech and also when the party picker opened just after that dialog”

Can you be more specific about what dialog you’re referring to? The last one you mentioned in your post was re: Connor and the Fade, and there’s no party picker there. Also, could you duplicate it? Meaning, if you reloaded and ran through it again, did the same thing happen again?

“And about that, Redcliffe night battle didn’t show the intro cutscene even with your Hotfix v3.24. I’m using the Dragon Age Rules Fixpack but it’s mostly for the auto-loot. I removed that folder from override and all went as intended.”

Hmm. I can’t eliminate the hard limit on script calls, I can only reduce the overhead in the original scene so that it can handle more mods than the vanilla game can (which I did in hotfix v3.24). It passed testing with just my mod and a full install of every fix and tweak in DARF on my box, and the person who originally reported it also tested it with 3.24 and reported the problem solved for him. Use *enough* Event Manager Mods, though, and you’ll still definitely hit the limit. If you’re still experiencing it, I can only say at this point that my Fixpack now makes it less, not more, likely that you’ll hit that limit. I’ve done all I can for it at this point, I’m afraid.

Also, if you have another mod that is overwriting the Siege scripts, it’s possible that would override my scripts that attempt to help the issue.

“btw, I’m seeing a lot of things it were absent on my other playthroughs like the 3 statues at the Circle Tower glimplesing when we touch them in the correct order. ”

Yep, that was me, fix CT3006, glad you liked it 🙂

As for Awakening in the OC, the first step in the installation instructions appears to be installation as a DAZIP, and the only way to truly deactivate those is to uncheck it in the Downloadable Content list under the main menu. Did you do that?

Portucally
    Portucally
    Participant

Please correct me if I’m mistaken, but I believe the descriptive line is “The bodies around you suddenly rise up, drawing hidden weapons, and attack.”. As far as I can tell, that doesn’t match anything that actually happens during the cutscene. There is no visible “body” around you that “suddenly rises up”, the attackers just come out from behind various objects (boulders, wagons) that they were hiding behind. That’s why I didn’t do it.

Yep, that was the line. Thank for clarify your option. 🙂

Can you be more specific about what dialog you’re referring to? The last one you mentioned in your post was re: Connor and the Fade, and there’s no party picker there. Also, could you duplicate it? Meaning, if you reloaded and ran through it again, did the same thing happen again?

My mistake when writing, sorry. It was at the end of the ambush when you get the option to recruit Zevran. His face frooze (freezed?) mid-speech just seconds before the party picker open and that transition also glitched, like accept Zevran offer/black screen/party picker.
    I’m gonna try if I can replicate that but since that I’ve moved to the quests I got in Redcliffe on my way to the Circle Tower. I have the habit of constant saves but usually its either quick saves or rewrite over old ones so that I don’t have many saves. And yes, I realize now that when testing something it’s not the best way to make saves. 😀

If I can’t go back, I’ll make sure to pay attention to that on my next playthrough without the files/mods I’m deleting now…

Hmm. I can’t eliminate the hard limit on script calls, I can only reduce the overhead in the original scene so that it can handle more mods than the vanilla game can (which I did in hotfix v3.24). It passed testing with just my mod and a full install of every fix and tweak in DARF on my box, and the person who originally reported it also tested it with 3.24 and reported the problem solved for him. Use *enough* Event Manager Mods, though, and you’ll still definitely hit the limit. If you’re still experiencing it, I can only say at this point that my Fixpack now makes it less, not more, likely that you’ll hit that limit. I’ve done all I can for it at this point, I’m afraid.

Also, if you have another mod that is overwriting the Siege scripts, it’s possible that would override my scripts that attempt to help the issue.

No worries there, you did more that any other on this subject. I usually had to remove IA, Flash Creatures Rescale and Extra Dog Slot to make it through the night battle at Redcliffe. Now I only have to remove one folder and one that I don’t really miss there.
    Just for that you deserve a Big Thank you!
    Anyway, I know that some armour mods also cause the Redcliffe battle to glitch, it happened to me before with the Armor of the Black Fox when I had iot installed along with the Warden’s Trading Post Redux. Again, maybe it was caused by any other mods I had at the same time but the battle played correctly as soon as I removed any of those mods.

As for Awakening in the OC, the first step in the installation instructions appears to be installation as a DAZIP, and the only way to truly deactivate those is to uncheck it in the Downloadable Content list under the main menu. Did you do that?

Unchecked, deleted any remain folder, checked override folder for any file related to that mod, uninstalled the game and install it again. Still items from Awakening keep appearing…
    For now I’m gonna keep playing to see if it goes away like the Blink Savages remains…
    Thank you anyway. 🙂

Btw, speaking of armour mods, I’m using a few mods that add stuff to merchants (mostly Bodhan). Is there any compatibily issue with your mod?

So far all looks like it’s working good, even the mods that add extra quests. But I haven’t played that far along yet. Time to play is not that much. 😀

Qwinn
    Qwinn
    Keymaster

Ok on Zevran, let me know if you can duplicate it, I just tried it and couldn’t replicate it.

Very glad to know that the Siege fixes are making more mods possible than in vanilla, that means that fix is doing what it should. Thanks for the confirmation!

And as for Awakening in OC, looking at the Description page of that mod, it seems to require adding files to like 6 different directories, none of which I would normally touch, seems pretty crazy. Not all of them are “override” either. I would go to that mod description and check every folder it told you to add stuff to, I bet you’ve still got a .erf file from that mod lurking in one of them.

When done, please let me know what mods you concluded are compatible, I’m always looking to add to that list! Thanks for all your reports, testing and help 🙂

• This reply was modified 3 months, 3 weeks ago by Qwinn Qwinn.
    Portucally
    Portucally
    Participant

Btw, is there a way to make blockquotes with a diferent style?

or at least on a smaller font-size… Maybe add a double right border? And a margin? Maybe a padding?

Something to make it stand out but not make make the words larger than the main subject…

Like:

blockquote {
        border-left: 4px double #444;
        box-shadow: 3px -3px 5px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2) inset;
        color: #666;
        font-size: 96.5%;
        font-style: italic;
        line-height: 1.7;
        margin: 0 0 0 20px;
        overflow: hidden;
        padding: 3px 10px;
    }
    Qwinn
    Qwinn
    Keymaster

I’d *love* to make that change to block quotes, yes. Thank you for the CSS! I’ll see if I can get it working.

Illusia
    Illusia
    Participant

Sorry, this is little off-topic.

“One last thing, I don’t know if you can enlight me but I instaled Awakening in the OC [http://www.nexusmods.com/dragonage/mods/920/?] some time ago but didn’t like it as I found some things that mod do to break immersion like all specs being open from start game. The problem is that now I have a lot of Awakening items popping off from dead enemies like the stamina potions and such. Some of that also appear on some merchants shops. I’ve reinstaled the game to start anew with your mod but those items still appear.”

Awakening in the OC just adds the Awakening resoures to the OC. It doesn’t actually modify/add anything to merchants etc. Now, IA does have an optional module (7.2. Awakening Quick Items) that does that. There’s also a separate mod called “Awakening in the OC Merchant Supplement”. I suspect one of those is your culprit.

Portucally
    Portucally
    Participant

Awakening in the OC just adds the Awakening resoures to the OC. It doesn’t actually modify/add anything to merchants etc. Now, IA does have an optional module (7.2. Awakening Quick Items) that does that. There’s also a separate mod called “Awakening in the OC Merchant Supplement”. I suspect one of those is your culprit.

And again the IA seems to be the culprit here as I did’t have that Merchant Suplement. I have IA, a lot flesh out due to Qwinn’s fixpack but that folder I thought it was for Awakening only so I left it. I’m gonna remove it to see if that works.

Huge Thank you! 🙂

Qwinn
    Qwinn
    Keymaster

I like your blockquote CSS, Portucally! Added a bit of margin on the bottom side, looks awesome. Huge thanks for that, much appreciated.

And Illusia, helping someone with an issue is never off topic in my forums. Thank you! I agree that sounds like the likely culprit.

Portucally
    Portucally
    Participant

I like your blockquote CSS, Portucally! Added a bit of margin on the bottom side, looks awesome. Huge thanks for that, much appreciated.

Thankz, glad I could help you for a change. 😀

Lemme know if you need any more help with that stuff. It’s kinda of an hobby of mine, CSS, Javascript, HTML, coding stuff… Don’t know much but I’m always learning. LOL

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 255 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.