Report bugs and any other issues here

Home page Forums Dragon Age: Origins Fixpack Forum Report bugs and any other issues here

Tagged: 

This topic contains 254 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by Qwinn Qwinn 1 day, 18 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 255 total)
  • Author
    Portucally
    Portucally
    Participant

Ok, made it through the fade, defeated the demon and saved Connor.
    Now arriving at Denerim for the first time.

Bugs encountered BUT not caused by your mod as I’ve encountered them on previous plays, just hoped they could be fixed by your mod:

Fade: Before the final battle with the demon, she is buried in the middle of the arena. Just appears her head above ground. When you start talking with her, she is normal.

Denerim: When you dog run out and fetch the boy scene, when it ends you and the dog are a few meters behind your initial place. Like the scene starts just after you pass the 2 discussing sisters and when it ends you are almost at the corner behind them. The rest of your companions are still where the scene begun. Something similar used to happen with the girl at Lloyds Tavern in Redcliffe but now it was ok.

Both bugs have been present on almost my playthroughs. Not sure if they are mod caused or a vanilla thing. I haven’t played vanilla DAO in ages.

Also, could you duplicate it? Meaning, if you reloaded and ran through it again, did the same thing happen again?

I can go back but only to the beginning of the Redcliffe Castle before enter the Castle with Ser Perth. I’ll go into Zevran’s ambush again tomorrow to see if it happens again.

Qwinn
    Qwinn
    Keymaster

The demon in the Fade shouldn’t be buried anymore, I fixed that, the file must not have gotten packaged properly. Glad you mentioned it before I released v3.3, thanks.

Not sure I can do anything about the dog fetch boy thing. It’s a consequence of how dialogue staging works. The trigger needs to be fairly large or it would be easily missed, but once triggered, the stage will need to move you, Dog and the boy to their spots. Is there any bigger issue than where people wind up at the end of the dialogue?

Qwinn
    Qwinn
    Keymaster

Hmmm… it *seems* like the Fade fix was packaged properly in version 3.2. Could you check if you have any other mod that touches arl300ar_fade.are? And that you are, in fact, running 3.2 and not 3.0 or 3.1, which didn’t have that fix?

Did anyone else (maybe mckatsims?) who has gone through it recently with version 3.2 installed note whether the demon was buried?

Postponing release of 3.3 till tomorrow, so I can confirm the Unbury-The-Fade-Demon fix is working before releasing it.

Mckatsims
    mckatsims
    Participant

Beat the game a little earlier (YAY!), and I wanted to say that your fixpack is definitely a must have. I hardened Alistair (which I never do because of his Landsmeet dialogue) and decided to make him king. Hearing a hardened Alistair accept the crown and not freak out was the most amazing thing, OH MY GOSH. Why Bioware couldn’t have fixed his reactions to make them logical in the Landsmeet is a mystery for the ages.

The epilogue slides finally made sense, but I found it odd that they didn’t play. What I mean is, the first slide sat there, and the others didn’t automatically play like I thought they were supposed to. My first slide started out with “In the months that followed his coronation”. After a couple of minutes, when the music changed, I hit “Esc” and that forwarded the epilogue to the next “section” about Andraste’s ashes. In order for it to continue playing slides, however, I kept pressing “Esc” until the end.

It’s not supposed to do that, right? I swear I thought the slides moved automatically.

Qwinn
    Qwinn
    Keymaster

Far as I know, that’s how the epilogue slides have always worked. It makes sense, lets people read at their own pace, take screenshots, go to the bathroom…

Really glad you liked the Alistair Landsmeet fixes, that’s way up there on my list of favorite fixes too.

Could you please check out the two posts just above yours, mckatsims? I threw a question your way in the last one…. hopefully you sent someone into the Fade to save Connor in your run?

Portucally
    Portucally
    Participant

Hmmm… it *seems* like the Fade fix was packaged properly in version 3.2. Could you check if you have any other mod that touches arl300ar_fade.are? And that you are, in fact, running 3.2 and not 3.0 or 3.1, which didn’t have that fix?

Checked and it’s QUDAO Fixpack v3.2 with the QUDAO Hotfix v3.24 in the override folder. I did a search through my override and no file by that name present. Also did a scan of the erf files in the addins and core/data folders and didn’t find anything in there.

Unless it’s something else overriding your fix that I have no idea what could be…

Portucally
    Portucally
    Participant

I’m gonna try to see if the Zevran ambush glitch repeats and this time I’m gonna also try to get into the fade with your are file placed in the override folder. That should make it override any file that touche that area, right?

I’ll let you know what happens soon…

Qwinn
    Qwinn
    Keymaster

Where would you get my .are from? Extracting it from the .erf?

Portucally
    Portucally
    Participant

Where would you get my .are from? Extracting it from the .erf?

Yes, I extracted it from the erf file from the addins folder. It’s a try to see what happens…

Mckatsims
    mckatsims
    Participant

Could you please check out the two posts just above yours, mckatsims? I threw a question your way in the last one…. hopefully you sent someone into the Fade to save Connor in your run?

Yes I did, I sent my mage Warden into the Fade to save Connor, and completely forgot to mention to you that the desire demon was half buried in the ground as my warden ran up to face her. I’m so used to this, that I forgot it’s a bug. I’m running v3.2 with the 3.24 hotfix you recently released.

Portucally
    Portucally
    Participant

btw, and sorry for the off-topic… but this always bugged me and wanted to mention but always forget:
    Why do we get to meet Alistair’s sister Goldanna in the fade nightmares before we heard any mention of her?
    And then when he does mention her just before we head to Denerim, its like that time in the Fade never happen…
    I’m just wondering if there is an explanaition or something from Bioware as in DA2 we even have a following quest with the companions after they spend some time in the fade…

Again, sorry the off-topic and back into the proper topic. 😀

Qwinn
    Qwinn
    Keymaster

Okay, I’ll test my fix again as well. And yes, putting that .are in override should make it work over any other mods. Note that to test this, you have to use a save from before you actually enter the Fade area. Once you’ve entered it, her position is saved within your save game file and putting the .are in the override folder won’t change that.

And Portucally, if it doesn’t work for you, and if my own testing doesn’t reveal what the problem is, would you mind if I sent you my version of the .are to your registration email?

Qwinn
    Qwinn
    Keymaster

Why do we get to meet Alistair’s sister Goldanna in the fade nightmares before we heard any mention of her?
    And then when he does mention her just before we head to Denerim, its like that time in the Fade never happen…
    I’m just wondering if there is an explanaition or something from Bioware as in DA2 we even have a following quest with the companions after they spend some time in the fade…

This isn’t Bioware’s explanation, just mine, but… there’s nothing illogical about meeting Goldanna in the Fade before the player hears about it, because it’s Alistair’s dream, not yours. HE knows about Goldanna, so he can dream about her before he tells you about it. And since it *is* a dream, well, dreams tend to fade from memory, so I don’t think it’s surprising that it doesn’t come up when he does bring her up later. The only thing about it that I’d say *is* somewhat illogical is that Goldanna is always depicted *accurately* in the Fade – Alistair at that point has (potentially) never seen her, and yet she always looks in the Fade exactly like she looks in real life (aside from a change in clothes). It would make sense that she not look the same if Alistair hadn’t met her yet, that she just looks like whatever Alistair *imagines* she’ll look like. But then, what if he HAS met her before doing the Circle? To that, if I have to come up with a semi-plausible explanation, I’d say it’s the Fade, and the real Goldanna visits it in her sleep every night, and the demonic denizens of the Fade can know what she actually looks like (even if Alistair doesn’t yet) and they decide to use her actual appearance for their ruse, cause, why not? That seems plausible enough to me, and removes the problem of having to change her appearance depending on if Alistair had met her yet.

Qwinn
    Qwinn
    Keymaster

Don’t worry about duplicating the buried Fade demon thing any further. I’ve duplicated it, and even with my supposed fix, she’s still buried… dunno what happened, I do recall getting her to spawn above ground previously, I must’ve regressed to an earlier version before exporting it. I’ll get it working for v3.3. Thanks tons again for making me aware of it before I released v3.3, Portucally!

Qwinn
    Qwinn
    Keymaster

Okay, yeah, I just hadn’t moved her up enough. She will show up above ground now in v3.3. Thanks tons for letting me know before v3.3 went out, Portucally!

Now going back to releasing v3.3, hopefully tonight.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 255 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.