The Compatibility Thread

Home page Forums Dragon Age: Origins Fixpack Forum The Compatibility Thread

Tagged: 

This topic contains 48 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Qwinn Qwinn 3 weeks, 4 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    Qwinn
    Qwinn
    Keymaster

Whatever the problem is, I can’t see how my fixpack has anything to do with it, for either mod. I see no file incompatibilities whatsoever. How did you confirm they’re incompatible (per your edit on the Nexus page)?

Portucally
    Portucally
    Participant

Whatever the problem is, I can’t see how my fixpack has anything to do with it, for either mod. I see no file incompatibilities whatsoever. How did you confirm they’re incompatible (per your edit on the Nexus page)?

Farewell Ser Gilmore has the bhn100cr_gilmore.dlg/dlb files that you mention might conflict. I removed the mod, played again and all was ok.

Too bad it has to go as I liked that mod. Oh well… maybe Kajana will make a patch in the future or something as I believe your fixpack will be one of the essential mods in any playthrough.

Qwinn
    Qwinn
    Keymaster

Oooh, right, I *do* change his dialogue file. Dangit. Let me look into it. The fix it’s conflicting with is NOT crucial, the bug it fixes is easily avoided. What I don’t get is why her files didn’t just override mine by default, which should’ve eliminated any problem (other than losing HN1002.)

Don’t worry, one way or another, you’ll get the mod back. If this is causing a problem, there’s an underlying issue somewhere that I want to resolve.

Portucally
    Portucally
    Participant

No worries, it’s just a mod that let you give a more emotional goodbye to Ser Gilmore. After all he’s sacrificing himself to save you. LOL

And speaking of wich, I also use Kajana’s Farewell Duncan that has the pre100_duncan.dlb/dlg files. Do you touch on those? It’s just a mod that adds a goodbye scene between Alistair and Duncan. Last time with my Dalish Elf the scene played correctly and I didn’t noticed and conflit…

Qwinn
    Qwinn
    Keymaster

Nope, I make no changes to Duncan’s dialogue. Should be fine.

And I just started a new game and ran through the HN Origin with Goodbye Ser Gilmore installed. Worked fine. Shook his hand and everything. No misplaced dialogue. Which is what I *expect* should have happened… those files in /package/core/override would just override mine, and that shouldn’t cause any issue at all.

Mind giving it another try? Maybe it was a one time engine fluke? I really have nothing else I can do, since I can’t reproduce the compatibility issue. That, or look for another mod culprit. You said you removed the mod and everything worked, did you mean you uninstalled *my* mod?

• This reply was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by Qwinn Qwinn.
    Portucally
    Portucally
    Participant

Mind giving it another try? Maybe it was a one time engine fluke? I really have nothing else I can do, since I can’t reproduce the compatibility issue. That, or look for another mod culprit. You said you removed the mod and everything worked, did you mean you uninstalled *my* mod?

I’ll try again. And I just removed the folder from Farewell Ser Gilmore from the override.

EDIT: Ok, that was strange. All went well this time, no overlapping voices or displaced subtitles. I have no idea what happened before… I even tried to make the same dialog choices.
    Maybe you’re right and was a one-time thing. At least let’s hope that. 🙂

• This reply was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by Portucally Portucally.
    Qwinn
    Qwinn
    Keymaster

There really *shouldn’t* be any conflict. It’s absolutely harmless to override my Gilmore dialogue, assuming you don’t click on him in the 0.5 second opportunity you have when first entering the main hall to do so, just before everyone there aggros at each other, the fight starts and he’s no longer interactive… if you click on him for dialogue in that split instant in vanilla, it can break the game, and that’s what I fixed. You’ll lose that fix if you install that mod, but not only is the bug easily avoidable, you almost have to be trying to break it for that to happen. No other important file dependencies involved, so yeah, I can’t imagine what went wrong there for you, but pretty sure it’s got nothing to do with my mod.

Would you mind posting that all seems okay on the Nexus page too? Wouldn’t want people to get scared off of my mod from seeing your initial report.

Portucally
    Portucally
    Participant

Done. 🙂

MEsk
    MEsk
    Participant

In reply to your latest post on nexus:

-the problem was that Edge load your forum broken. I signed up with Chrome. Now I’m writing this on my iPhone.

-10, 15, 30? Well, I couldn’t remember they were the only options when I wrote the suggestion. I think 15 is the only choice.

I usually try all dialogues first then load again and choose the one I want. But somehow I’ve an obsessive tendency to choose the one option which requires something in order to use it.
    I loved the riddle as well. Actually IMO, I believe things like this made DA a unique RPG.

-Well I’ll send my modlist so you identify which one is causing the Mouse bug reverted. But, among 16-20 non appearance(mesh, texture, tint) mods I’m using, the only which was allowed to overwrite your files was complete bi overhaul. (And I’ve extracted everyone of my mods to the depth of ERF files and searched for duplicate with Duplicate detective.) I’m sure if it’s a file overwriting another it’s that mod. Would you please tell me which file is this bug fized with?

-Fair enough, this one is one of the most annoying combat bugs there is.

-Way to go and no rush, I’m back after 7 years again to try your updated mod. I’m sure I can go back again when I was walking with a stick in my hand. 🙂

Qwinn
    Qwinn
    Keymaster

Thanks for bringing the discussion here! I appreciate it, and sorry for the delayed response, got distracted by that item-send-acquired-event issue.

-the problem was that Edge load your forum broken. I signed up with Chrome. Now I’m writing this on my iPhone.

So bizarre. I can’t duplicate this on my Edge. Can anyone else do so? Maybe try disabling adblock or other addons/plugins?

-10, 15, 30? Well, I couldn’t remember they were the only options when I wrote the suggestion. I think 15 is the only choice.

I’ll lower it to 15 in v3.4 because, well, impossible conditions are impossible, but yeah, I don’t think it’s worth the expenditure for mages (human mages start with 12 cunning and elven mages with 11, for the record).

Would you please tell me which file is this bug fized with?

Sure, it’s fix CM1001, and the affected file is bhm600tr_demon_talk_trigger.nss. Surprising that any other mod would touch that file for any reason other than this. I’ve double checked my code though, and I can’t see any way that the “And there is the spirit of rage!” line can play without the demon spawning simultaneously – I assume that’s the line you’re getting out of place. Since if you’re getting this you must’ve just started a new game, I’d double check to make sure my mod is actually active, that’d be one of the first indications that it isn’t. If you’ve made it through the fade, talk to the sitting elf in the Senior Enchanter quarters and see if he’s still on the chair after the conversation ends, or if he’s floating on air. If he’s floating, yeah, my mod isn’t active for some reason.

BTW, if you ever again wonder what fix touches what file, you can find out for yourself from the Developer Notes version of the Readme.

-Fair enough, this one is one of the most annoying combat bugs there is.

Is this referring to the followers stealing xp thing? If so, yeah, I admit it’s pretty annoying. BTW, does it only affect non-official followers like the bear, or even regular party members like Alistair? What about summoned creatures?

-Way to go and no rush, I’m back after 7 years again to try your updated mod. I’m sure I can go back again when I was walking with a stick in my hand. 🙂

Hehe, okay, and that’s good, cause without significantly more incentive than I’ve received so far (*cough*), yeah, it’ll be a long while before I aggressively expand my modding efforts beyond what I’ve already taken on.

MEsk
    MEsk
    Participant

It might take some time for me to reach alistair. I,ve like 2 hours a day out of work and I play every scene multiple times to make sure no bug is missed.
    Even now, I have duplicate each bug without complete bi overhaul loaded.

So far, I’ve discovered the bear bug fix is reverted by that mod.

The new bug which I’m sure is from your fixpack is a crash caused by triggering the book codex “fade” in the middle of mage origin library.

The XP distribution is fixed in rule’s fixpack, though the files are un-developable no source code.

Qwinn
    Qwinn
    Keymaster

The new bug which I’m sure is from your fixpack is a crash caused by triggering the book codex “fade” in the middle of mage origin library.

Could you please explain what you mean by this? It sounds like you’re “sure” my fixpack makes you crash when you click on that book, but I just did it and no crash, nor do I make any changes at all either to that area of the mage origin or to the general codex logic.

Also, it looks like GoesOnGhost released a number of compatibility patches for my fixpack and his mods a few weeks ago – are you using those?

MEsk
    MEsk
    Participant

Yes the compatibility patch doesn’t carry the fade bear fix over
    I’ve made a mistake crash was caused by something else
    Ok now I’m finished with mage origin
    I’m in ostagar right now
    So far I’ve found out that eadric moves a little bit after conversation is over so he sits on air

And both jowan and lily steal xp as well

Qwinn
    Qwinn
    Keymaster

Eadric shouldn’t move anymore, I fix that. Between that and bear mouse, something’s telling me my mod isn’t working at all. Have you found any evidence yet that it *is* working?

Qwinn
    Qwinn
    Keymaster

Yeah, I just checked with GoesOnGhost, he makes no changes at all to the fade in the mage origin or to mouse. It really sounds like something went wrong with your install and my mod isn’t active at all in your game.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 49 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.