August 2, 2017 at 5:44 pm #193
And this thread is intended to be the continuation of the 122 page thread from the Nexus forums that was eventually locked. Just because the beta is over doesn’t mean development has stopped, and I’m hoping we can pick up where we left off on that thread. I’ll review the last few pages over the next few days and address anything I wasn’t able to when the lock happened, as well as anything new that gets reported.
To start it off:
RQ3309: Howe Dungeon: City Elf Wardens only: When talking to Vaughan in his cell, a condition on a particular line checking that the player was female should have been checking that he was male instead. Thanks to GoesOnGhost for catching this one.August 2, 2017 at 8:46 pm #234
Hey hey! I’m here! Congrats on reaching 3.2, Qwinn. I just downloaded it to start a new game, so hopefully I can help you identify anything new.August 3, 2017 at 11:02 am #241
Checking in here, the newly released version I haven’t come across any significant bugs, then again I’ve not the keenest of eyes… I’ve only got cosmetic mods installed so nothing to report on that end. Except for extra dog slot, Which works well too.
August 3, 2017 at 5:23 pm #243
- This reply was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by Aden.
Hi there and thanks for the invite! Congrats on the release and the new website.
I’m currently taking a break from playing big RPGs, but I’m still up for some bug testing. Looking through the game files has been a lot of fun and I wouldn’t mind helping out some more. Whenever I come up with something I’ll post it here.
I’m preparing another report with things I’ve scraped together. They are mostly some lingering things that I remember being on my mind during my last playthrough. I’ll post it soon when it is ready.
Cheers!August 3, 2017 at 6:20 pm #244
Hey guys! Thanks for coming over!
Glad to hear you got more cooking for me, Totalbalance. Knew there was no way I got everything on my first shot, heh.
Gonna slog through the megathread again this weekend and see if there was anything I missed or didn’t address thoroughly enough (or thought I wouldn’t be able to do – learned a lot since this started!). I will also experiment with the “Darkspawn senses tingling” barks for sighting Darkspawn, maybe the soundsets will allow for adding a condition on the lines. I doubt it, but it’s theoretically possible the condition code is still in there. If it does, even less likely that I’ll be able to replace it with one of the other barks, but at least only those problematic barks would be silenced rather than all of them until the player actually has the darkspawn senses. It’s worth an experiment anyway.
And lastly for this weekend, I intent to do some compatibility tests. If Alley of Murders doesn’t work as firepanda had mentioned, I want to at least know *why* it doesn’t work.August 3, 2017 at 7:32 pm #252
Deleted a few of my own posts, no need to torture you all with reading about me trying to get something to work that’s been solved.
Alley of Murders seems to be perfectly compatible right now, though I intend to finish it before announcing that officially. I *did* have problems because I installed it with DAModder, which causes an infinite loading screen in the first area, but if you just rename the .zip download to .dazip and install it with daupdater.exe, that problem goes away. (People have been posting about the infinite loading screen on his mod page since 2013, and no one had posted what actually caused that issue on his mod page until now). Not sure if that’s what made firepanda say they were horribly incompatible, I’ve messaged him and hope he’ll get back to me on that.August 3, 2017 at 7:49 pm #255
re: “Darkspawn senses tingling” barks, are you referring to Alistair’s barks in the Kocori Wilds? I just started a brand new game specifically for this mod, and I’m at Ostagar now. If there’s something in particular you’re thinking of, let me know and I’ll see if I can catch it.August 3, 2017 at 7:52 pm #256
Nah, separate issue (but always glad to hear that those barks are working – are they?)
The issue I’m talking about is that, when you see Darkspawn pre-Joining, certain player soundsets (not all of them) have the player say “Darkspawn senses tingling!” and “Sensing darkspawn!”, prior to the player undergoing the Joining, which plot-wise doesn’t make much sense. The only potential solution to this I’ve been able to propose so far is to turn off the player saying *anything* when darkspawn are sighted until after the Joining, but that would turn off even non-problematic shouts. Folks on the megathread seemed to agree that the cure was worse than the disease, so I’m going to see if I can refine the fix further and only disable the problematic lines.August 4, 2017 at 1:21 am #261
Alley of Murders is fully compatible, woohoo! Really happy to hear that, a lot of people were grousing, and I’m sure more than a few decided not to use my Fixpack due to it. Awesome.
Time for some sleep, will deal with the other stuff I talked about over the weekend.August 4, 2017 at 7:03 pm #264
HN3302: Daytime: Fixed an invisible door in the room just before the hall to Fergus’s bedroom. Thanks to Greinke34 of the Nexus forums for alerting me to this one.
LA3320: Post-Landsmeet Redcliffe Village: Added missing doors to the blacksmithy and the cottage above it.
August 5, 2017 at 12:04 am #266
- This reply was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by Qwinn.
I got 4 of the 5 genlock rogue ambush barks out of Alistair, so the triggers are definitely working. And now that I looked for it, I see what you’re saying about the Warden barking “sensing darkspawn” in the Wilds. Mine did that twice.
If that can’t be fixed, it isn’t a big deal for me, as I can headcanon a reason for that HAHA.August 5, 2017 at 12:07 am #267
Oh, by the way, I’ve noticed that the Gazarath demon fight in the Wilds doesn’t always drop the scale armor, but always drops the mage boots. Is that supposed to happen?August 5, 2017 at 3:16 pm #268
Here is the stuff I promised. First of all, I found two that never got a response on the previous thread. I’ll just repost them:
* I noticed that there are four keys in the game that are not plot items: Captain Key, Entry Door Key, Bedroom Key and Chantry Cabinet Key. They also have their base item type listed as “Other – Generic” rather than “Other – Key” (not sure if that makes any difference in game). As such they are stored in the “other” section and could potentially be sold. This seems a bit odd – is there any reason why they are not plot items like the rest?
* If you walk from Orzammar Commons and into the Hall of Heroes the same music may start to play again, causing the two tracks to blare over each other.
Now, onto the real stuff. Like I said, it’s mostly stuff that were on my mind while playing.
* There’s still some camera issues with Sten in the fade. Choosing certain dialogue options moves the camera so that his head is off screen. “Why do they call you, “the sten?”” and “So this is what qunari are like.” causes this, but I’m sure there are more.
* During Wynne’s fade nightmare, the camera shot that shows off the dead apprentices seems to clip through the floor. When I look up this scene on youtube this issue does not appear, but it has always appeared in my game (the game takes a screenshot here, and all of mine have this issue). Could the camera be raised or something? Or is it just my game?
* This one is probably not going to noticed by many, but it’s an inconsistency nonetheless. If Morrigan leaves the party, then when she returns for the dark ritual she’ll say “I said that you and I were not yet done, and we are not. I have watched you, and now it is time we speak again.” And it’s true, in every instance where she leaves she will utter some variation of “We shall meet again!”. There is one exception though. During the restored scene at the end of Flemeth’s True Grimoire, if she gets angry at you and prepares to leave she will not say anything like that.
It’s possible this is just a writing oversight, but it could also have been the intention to re-route the conversation to a similar “I’m leaving” conversation, like it does when Wynne leaves if you poisoned the urn. At least that’s how it seems to me. In fact, if you tell her “Then go, and good riddance.” she’ll leave without a word (and as an added bonus she’ll also teleport away with no animation). This line is from when she leaves should you refuse to do her quest:
“Know that we are not done with each other, you and I. We shall see each other again… later rather than sooner, I should think.”
This line could be inserted as she leaves during the conversation, right? That would fix the inconsistency.
* Another Morrigan related one: The “Is Flemeth really what she seems to be?” conversation makes no sense if you initiate it after completing Morrigan’s personal quest. Specifically, the questions “The legend tells of Flemeth having many daughters?” and “How is it that Flemeth has survived for so long?” no longer make any sense to ask. If you completed the quest you’ve already discussed this with her, and you both already know the answers.
* There was one thing that bugged me about Leliana’s care / adore jealousy thing: if you did not sleep with Morrigan or Zevran and use the persuade option to deny it, she will still accuse you of lying in the followup conversation. The other branch where you did not use the persuade options fits a situation where you did not sleep with them (“I’ve seen the knowing glances he shoots at you. What’s all that about?”) a lot more than if you did (“You lied to me. About Zevran. I’ve seen you together.”) Maybe an addition condition could be set to check whether or not you have actually slept with them since, while it makes sense for her to draw conclusions, here she acts like she has seen proof you you cheating on her which might not be true.
* Copied from the wiki, on Alistair’s dialogue page . Dunno if it’s true, but I might as well mention it:
Bug! Any choice that is supposed to result in the loss of all approval (e.g. -99) actually appears to reset his approval to 50.
* I noticed in Sten’s dialogue file that his quest has an almost completely different final conversation if you never learned about his sword from him. Is this even possible in the game? Can you get the sword without talking to Sten about it first?
Guh, that was a lot more text than I planned. Have fun!
August 5, 2017 at 3:43 pm #270
- This reply was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by Totalbalance.
Thanks for the reports! I’ve had no power all day and won’t for a few more hours yet, bleah. I’ll get on it when I can turn my computer on. Won’t post till then, need to save phone power.August 5, 2017 at 4:33 pm #271
Phew! Power came back on ahead of schedule.
“If that [“Sensing Darkspawn!”] can’t be fixed, it isn’t a big deal for me, as I can headcanon a reason for that HAHA.”
Really? Please share, lol! A good plausible explanation is as good as a bugfix in my book in cases like this, heh.
“Oh, by the way, I’ve noticed that the Gazarath demon fight in the Wilds doesn’t always drop the scale armor, but always drops the mage boots. Is that supposed to happen?”
I believe so, yes.
“* I noticed that there are four keys in the game that are not plot items: Captain Key, Entry Door Key, Bedroom Key and Chantry Cabinet Key. They also have their base item type listed as “Other – Generic” rather than “Other – Key” (not sure if that makes any difference in game). As such they are stored in the “other” section and could potentially be sold. This seems a bit odd – is there any reason why they are not plot items like the rest?”
Well, the doors that the Captain Key and Bedroom Key open can also be picked by rogues… if you opened them with a rogue and then picked up the keys, and they behaved like other keys, you could never get rid of them. The Entry Door Key, I’m not sure what it’s supposed to open, though it’s apparently tied to the same area as the Bedroom Key (the “Last Request” area). I’m guessing it, too, opens a door that can also be opened by rogues. The Chantry Cabinet can only be opened with the key… but if Lothering were destroyed before you used it, again, stuck with it forever. So I’m thinking those are plausible enough reasons that the way it is was intended, and the cure seems no better than the disease on these in any case.
“If you walk from Orzammar Commons and into the Hall of Heroes the same music may start to play again, causing the two tracks to blare over each other.”
I did spend some time on this when you first reported it, actually, and I’ll continue to. I was able to duplicate it. The thing is that fixing it when going from the Commons to the Hall may break the intended behavior when going from the Frostback Mountain Pass to the Hall. It will require some experimentation to see if I can come up with a way that doesn’t mess anything else up, will let you know.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.