Version 3.3 Development Discussion

Home page Forums Dragon Age: Origins Fixpack Forum Version 3.3 Development Discussion

This topic contains 51 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Qwinn Qwinn 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 46 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    Qwinn
    Qwinn
    Keymaster

Illusia:

At the moment (not done testing), my inclination is that if I were to address this, it would be as a separate mod, with 2 variants, one that just fixes the morphs (allowing Wynne’s robes’ appearance to change with it) and a variant that takes the steps we’ve discussed to not change Wynne’s appearance.

However, you discovered the issue and came up with the solution. It’s certainly your perogative to release that mod yourself. If you would prefer I do it, just say the word (obviously I’d give you credit in that mod’s readme, I consistently do so for much less). Up to you.

(Is there already a mod that addresses this issue, btw?)

Illusia
    Illusia
    Participant

I don’t think there’s a standalone mod that fixes the issue. I use tmp7740’s “human female proportions fix” (from Bioware Social — imo, all his proportions fixes are essential) and it takes care of this for me.

Also, I’m not going to release this as a mod myself so feel free to do that if you wish.

Qwinn
    Qwinn
    Keymaster

Ok, that’s fine. It’s on the back burner for now, I’m going to try and get v3.3 released first, but I definitely do intend to come back to that.

Speaking of v3.3, add this one to the pile:

FB3310: Final Battle Alienage: Added missing doors to various houses in this area, seven doors in all. Thanks to sialivi for making me aware that the area was missing several.

Qwinn
    Qwinn
    Keymaster

And this is how that Siege of Redcliffe/DARF issue dealt with by the last two hotfixes is going in the v3.3 Readme:

RE3323: “The Attack at Nightfall”: This fix does not address a bug that can appear in the unmodded game, but rather attempts to make this Fixpack able to tolerate more Event Manager mods such as Dragon Age Rules Fixpack than the vanilla game can. As is noted in the DARF mod readme, the Siege of Redcliffe is known to break if an excessive number of such mods are in use because of a hard limit on the number of script/event calls that the engine can handle. The Siege of Redcliffe is particularly prone to having this limit exceeded, due to the large number of script calls it makes all on its own. I have streamlined the scripts in the Siege to make many fewer script calls, so that multiple Event Manager mods used in conjunction with my Fixpack should now be considerably less likely to break “Attack at Nightfall” than if they were applied to the vanilla game.

Qwinn
    Qwinn
    Keymaster

The v3.3 changelog has been finalized and should be released sometime tonight after thee eclipse, heh.

Firepanda
    firepanda
    Participant

Congrats on the 3.3 release. That was a much faster turnaround! I can’t see the changelog though — page not found.

Qwinn
    Qwinn
    Keymaster

Lol – oops. I’ve been maintaining that Changelog thread for weeks, not realizing it was stuck in Draft mode somehow and no one but me could see it! Sorry about that! Should be fixed now, thanks for letting me know.

Viewing 7 posts - 46 through 52 (of 52 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.